Thursday, February 7, 2013

favorite: winter skin remedies

About this time ever year, one day I look fine, and the next I look like a crepe paper streamer.  I mean...I love vintage, but don't want to look vintage. Do you feel me? No matter how much I moisturize in the winter, dry skin always seems to make an appearance.  Here are some great products that really work and now I can't live without!

As seen on OPRAH's Favorite Things and in Vogue and Marie Claire, Dr. Colbert is the dermatologist to the stars. His new product line is getting rave reviews for having all natural ingredients and still providing great results! I decided to see what all the hype is about, and it is warranted! I love the way my skin looks and feels when I use this oil, and love that the ingredients are not chemicals. It's like food for your skin!

Right now KAREE HAYS is the only esthetician in Nashville to carry this coveted line!  For the month of February, she is offering my readers a FREE brow treatment at her Beauty Bar with purchase of any Colbert MD product!

{Treatments are Wednesday and Friday 1pm-5pm. Just mention Pink Cupcake Vintage when you purchase your product.}

This spray is great whenever you need a quick skin pick me up! I use it to set my makeup during the day, and at night before I go to bed when my skin tends to get dry. 

My love for everything AVENE continues. I know what you're thinking... A hand cream is a hand cream. Right? Well, this cream feels like wrapping your hands in cashmere. I keep a tube in my purse at all times.


Not all BB creams are created equally.  I've tried several, and keep coming back to Clinique.  This BB cream gives such great coverage and is the perfect shade for my pale complexion. And while others tend to slide off my face by noon, this cream has the perfect balance of moisture but stays put.

On the days that my skin needs a little more glow, this product is a lifesaver! It's also a perfect dupe to High Beam by Benefit and only $12 bucks at Target!

Out of all the products, the Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant (could it have a longer name?) is by far my favorite! This product does exactly what it says....highlights and conceals. The applicator is great and the coverage is moisturizing without being too heavy! This is also a perfect dupe for the YSL Touche Eclat. The Maybelline Dream Lumi retails for around $8 and Touche Eclat retails for $40. Boom!

I've been obsessed with Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo for a while now.  On Sunday afternoons, you can find me watching her makeup tutorials on YouTube for hours. When she launched her own brand of brushes, Real Techniques, I had to have them. I now can't live without the Deluxe Crease brush as it works wonders buffing concealer and makeup away from fine lines and wrinkles.

What are some  of your winter favorites?






No comments:

Pin It button on image hover