Wednesday, April 15, 2009

kc wrap up

Whew wee! I apologize for the late return. After getting back Monday and hitting the ground running, I am just now finding time to blog about our fantastic trip to Kansas City. There were so many great things we packed in, and some of the best food I have had in a long time! Here are some of the high points from our weekend!


1. The deep fried cinnamon roll from Mama's 39th Street Diner
I can't begin to describe this yummy indulgence. Part funnel cake, part cinnamon roll, and part doughnut, this was the best thing I have tasted in years! Well done KC!



2. YJ's Snack Bar

This place defines the term "local haunt". Equal parts local hip, home style eats and kitsch decor, this little eatery has it all! The chalkboard displays what they are cooking, and the bonus.... you can catch it 24 hours a day!





3. The store decorated entirely with stuffed animals

4,500 to be exact.



4. Re-runs Vintage Clothing

I was a kid in a candy store here. We also lucked out to be there the weekend of the warehouse sale, where I scored some major cuties! The owner could have been Tim Gunn's brother and was amazingly knowledgeable! Apparently this store has costumed close to 14 movies!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all I LOVE KC. So jealous you got to go there. I love pics of the YJ's place. I'm going to have to go there soon. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

Pin It button on image hover