Sunday, June 6, 2010

our newest addition


Ever since we got married, Matty and I have been dreaming of someday owning a vintage camper! Well, I can't hold it in any longer! This past week, our little dream boat landed in our lap, and today became ours! I am over the moon with excitement, and also a little embarrassed that we have a camper in our drive-way...but at least it's cute? (sorry neighbors with the yard art, I no longer judge you) Anyway, her name is Doris, and she is a 1965 vintage Shasta Airflyte. I will be posting a long the way as we fix her up and make her our very own. Stay tuned!

10 comments:

Barchbo said...

Love it! Cannot wait to see some photos of the interior!

pink cupcake vintage said...

Siew...we are hoping to move up to an Airstream someday!

Betsy- you have a place to stay if you wanna come to Nashville? :)

kayce hughes said...

Beyond fabulous!

mary said...

How AWESOME!! I cannot wait to see more. Yay for you guys! :)

meg said...

can we please have a sleepover in doris? please? :)

pink cupcake vintage said...

meg- we can't wait to camp out with you guys! :)

rebekka said...

OH MY GOSH! THAT IS SO PERFECT!

Have you seen THESE? http://sopickincute2.blogspot.com/2010/04/caravan-camping.html

By the way, I hope you didn't think I fell off the planet. I FINALLY got a new phone a couple of weeks ago and I have no phone numbers...I kind of save them as people call me. But I really want to get together with you and M! Can you text me your number again?

pink cupcake vintage said...

rebekka- love love love that link! We got a really cute caravan book that have my wheels turnin! I am texting you so we can make plans!

josephineTomato said...

Wow - now I feel really old! When I was a kid, we had one just like this and took it camping often. I especially remember camping at Kitty Hawk on the sand dunes. Can't wait to see what you do to it.

You Are My Fave said...

AWESOME. Please include flowery curtains.

Pin It button on image hover