Monday, August 30, 2010

face facts: DIY exfoliant


My aesthetician and friend Karee is my go to gal for great skin care! She always has great tips and ways to keep your skin looking luminous and wrinkle free without breaking the bank. I am a big believer in sharing beauty secrets so I will be passing on this great information to you in my new series called Face Facts! Here is a little tip from Karee on a great exfoliant that you probably have lying around your house!  


Don't toss out the coffee grounds that brewed up your morning pot of java. A handful of moist grounds (organic is preferable) make for a fantastic facial exfoliant or all-over body scrub. Not only do the grounds physically slough off dead skin cells, but the remaining caffeine also tightens and firms pores, resulting in impossibly smooth skin. For dry skin, add 1-2 tablespoons of cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil. 



No comments:

Pin It button on image hover