Monday, February 9, 2009

nashville: the cupcake collection



Please forgive the amount of Nashville posts lately, I am just so in love with our happy little town and all it's offerings! This weekend Mr. Matty and I were scooting around town and decided to check out the newest cupcake bakery to hit Nashville. After she grabbed me and said, "finally....an amazing cupcake place in town", I knew I was in for a treat! When you arrive at the Cupcake Collection you think you are at someone's house. That's because you are. The sweet family of 6 converted there living room into a bakery and did it all by themselves. Mignon and husband Francois greet you with a smile and hello the minute you walk in, and little Xavier rings you up at the register. The cupcakes are delicious and only cost you $1.50 in a $3.00 cupcake world. My favorites are wedding cake and sweet lemonade, but Matty insists on the chocolate and marble swirl. They are open every day but Saturday, that's family time. You will find their house tucked back over in Germantown, just down the street from Monell's. When you go, tell Mignon I said hi! Read more about this adorable family outfit here.

Located at 1213 6th Ave. N, (phone: 615-244-2900) The Cupcake Collection is open 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how fabulous!!!!!!
I need to check that out!
Also, so great to meet another Nashville blogger!

Anonymous said...

They are absolutely wonderful! I have been to some of the other cupcake bakeries around and I am left disappointed by the mound of colored Crisco that is supposed to pass as frosting. The cupcake collection uses quality ingredients to produce incredible baked goods. Try the strawberry it's decadent!

Pin It button on image hover