Monday, November 16, 2009

DIY: glitter houses


This weekend some of my girlfriends and I had a craft day. We each had things we wanted to work on for Christmas and decided it would be more fun to work over food, candy, and girl talk. This year since Mr. Matty bought me this, I decided it would be fun to make miniature ones of these to hang on our tree. Here is how I did it!

First I bought some of these paper houses from Michael's. Martha gives your stencils on how to make your own here, but I wanted these ornaments made this century, so I cheated and bought them already assembled.

Once "assembled" paint them whatever colors you like. I chose pastels.

Once painted, sprinkle them with iridescent glitter for an overall sheen. On some I also chose to use silver glitter just to mix it up a bit. (p.s. the Martha glitter is still my favorite)

Then use spray adhesive and sprinkle larger iridescent glitter all over. (p.s.s. not the best idea to give yourself a manicure before this project. I learned the hard way)

The finished product.

{thanks to Megan for hosting and the live action shots}

4 comments:

Dwelling said...

Love this! I think having two little girls has convinced me that EVERYTHING is better with glitter.

Aubrey said...

So cute!

Lucy said...

So cute! I envy your crafty talents. I can barely write my own name! :)

P.S. Nice to see the lovely Megan on your blog. Tell her hi!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing :)
I love the pink sparkles you used.. what a fabulous shade!!!

Pin It button on image hover