Wednesday, June 16, 2010

summer sewing



I am embarrased to say that I graduated from college with a degree in Fashion. Why? Because after 4 years of pulling "all-nighters" in the sewing lab, the budding seamstress inside of me left they day I graduated. You know the story. You "take a break", a break turns into 10 years, and then you have forgotten how. Well this summer I am going back to sewing school, and my teacher is my good friend Erin! This week we learned sewing favorites such as: threading a needle, tying a knot in your thread, sewing on a button, and a few "fancy" stitches. I am going to be sewing up a brand new wardrobe in no time. Ok, maybe pajama pants, but it's a start!

3 comments:

bright lights, big cities said...

this post really got to me... first, because I too went to fashion school and spent all nighters in the lab but my breaks have never lasted that long (and I guess I'm still fresh, graduating 4 years ago). I'm happy to see that you're getting back into it! it must feel wonderful!

Barchbo said...

Good for you! I cannot wait to see your first finished product!

pink cupcake vintage said...

I have to say it feels good to be back! Betsy I appreciate your enthusiasm and encouragement! I will keep you posted!

Pin It button on image hover