Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DIY: mason jar snow globe

Saturday was one of those days where my house was a mess, dishes were on the table, laundry was on the couch waiting to be folded (it's still here beside me as I type), and I just needed to escape. I decided to visit Anthropologie where everything is beautiful, tidy, and smells great. While I was browsing,  an adorable mason jar snow globe caught my eye.  I picked it up, looked underneath, and rubbed my eyes when the pricetag read $40.00! I'm not rich, so I decided to try and make my own.  I'm happy to say, it was quite easy, you can make about 10 in an hour, and each globe cost under $5.00!


Materials Needed: Ball Jars, Assorted sizes of Christmas trees, Deer Figurines, Glittering Glue, Glitter, Hot Glue, Fake Snow, and Large Glitter. (glass of wine optional)
 

Step 1: Take trees and spread glue on them liberally. I ended up liking the glittering glue better than the tacky spray because the glue seemed to spread just the right amount.
Step 2: Roll the tree in glitter. (I used the Martha Stewart glitter in white gold)



Step 4: Glue the inner jar lid to the jar ring with hot glue.
Step 5: Place trees and figurines down on the lid to measure placement. Hot glue them in place.



Step 6: Lightly fill jar with fake snow and large glitter. Screw the lid onto the jar and you are done!
Pin It button on image hover